Monday, May 11, 2009

Addie



We found out a little over a week ago Addie, our German Shepherd for 8 1/2 years has bone cancer. We were so shocked because we took her to the vet for a limp, thinking she had just hurt her leg. Bone cancer for dogs is very very painful, and we do not want Addie to suffer. So we will put her to sleep this afternoon. We are so sad. Addie is a wonderful part of our family and we will miss her so much!!! Lots of tears in the Sod house today!

4 comments:

Donna said...

Oh my goodness Stacey- I'm so sorry! She was a precious dog- I'm glad she won't suffer.

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain! Charlie, the basset hound we had had cancer. It is a hard thing to do but he will be so much better off. No suffering..
God bless your family in this loss....

Love ya,
Susan

--Shelley said...

oh that is so sad. yall are doing the right thing. we had to do that too a few years ago after chloe was hit by a car.

christindeas said...

Oh Stacey I am so sad! I just got this. You know how much I loved Addie!!! And my friend Karen too!
I remember the day you got her. The beach could not of come at a better time. Can't wait to see your pics.