You know I adore my children. But some days it seems like I am chasing after and cleaning up after a bunch of PIGS. I fix breakfast only for Sam not to eat and as soon as we start school he is interupting wanting a snack. I finish a morning of schooling Hamilton to find the rest of my house has been completely destroyed....rooms a mess, drinks spilt all over the floor, a pile of sand at my back door (Sam said he liked to play trains in the sand but it was too hot outside, so he decided to bring the sand inside). Clean up the morning mess only to fix lunch and leave to do some laundry only to find nuggets, fries, and ketchup all over the floor and rug. We all sit down for a heart to heart. "Mommy is going crazy. Ya'll have to help me out alittle." I think they get it. They begin to pick up their mess in the kitchen and put their toys away from my bedroom, kitchen, living, and dining room. I think this is managable. I put Jack to sleep while the boys are suppose to be watching cartoons. I come out of Jacks room only to find the couch cushions in the middle of the floor and they are making towers with them. Everyone finally rest, not sleeps but does rest. The house gets a much needed break.
Everyones up and ready for another snack which ofcoarse will destroy my kitchen. The fighting and wrestling continues. We are still not finished with school. Finally regroup to finish our science and history and Samuel begins to scream. Jack had pulled up a chair to the kitchen counter and gotten a pair of kitchen scissors and was chasing Samuel into his room. Hamilton and I are interupted once again. Mommy screams, beats children, and tries once again to finish up school. I get Hamilton started on a project and leave to finish up cooking dinner. He comes in crying saying he can't do it all by himself!!! Could this all really happen in a day? I think it just didn't.
For now, the children have been banished to the yard. Literally my first second of peace and quite. I had to vent. I read so many blogs and all of you seem to have it together. Am I abnormal or just not up to the task? Not sure yet. Maybe it is just that I have 3 boys 5 years old and younger and I don't believe in "preschool" or shipping your kids off at the age of 3 or 4 so mommy can get a break. Maybe Mommy really does need a break. Praise God. I hear the garage door openning. DADDY'S HOME!!! My relief is here.
4 comments:
So sorry about your day. I tried to figure out the other day why my mom's house that I grew up in was always clean when she worked and my house was always a mess when my only job was to stay home and keep it clean. Then I realized- we are IN THIS HOUSE ALL DAY and that trashes it- EVERYDAY. It's not just you- but I would think that having three BOYS would take it to the next level. At least you KNOW KNOW KNOW that is is just a season and this too will pass- and then you'll have to redo the house and they will be big enough to sandpaper furniture, paint walls and buff floors! haha
I just read your blog and bless your heart!!! I know it must be difficult with 3 boys!! One girl, a husband and a spoiled dog is bad enough!! I remember the times i would clean up and Caroline would get up from a nap and i'd turn around and look around and think...now didn't i just have that spot clean??!! It is a never ending job with kids...that is why God tells us in His book that he will never put more on us than we can handle. Sometimes i am like ok, God....my shoulders are getting pretty weak..can ya give me some help here??
Love ya,
Susan
Thank you for your post! I wonder daily how all of my friends seem to have it so together, and then I quietly begin to panic again that I'll have 2 boys under 2 in just a few months. James isn't even walking yet, and I already feel out of control. My mom (mother to 6) even tells me she's already "tired" for me and she keeps my niece and nephew all day. She says it's different with boys and that we girls didn't have half the energy she's seen in my nephew! I also remind her that the 6 of us were spaced out over a 15 1/2 year period! I'm scared silly of what next summer brings when James is running and baby boy #2 is crawling! :) Thank you for being so honest and not so "perfect!" It just seems like everyone is so put together these days, that it makes me wonder what's wrong with me. I promise, it's not just you! :) Hang in there! This too shall pass, as my mom would always say.
Stacey,
First let me say that I admire you greatly for taking on the challenge of being a full time teacher at home with 3 little boys-What courage you have!
Now, Let me introduce myself. My name is Tennille Portera and I work for Cadence Bank. Kris was our attorney and he helped me greatly. He still checks in from time to time to see how the old gang from Cadence is doing and I try to ask about the family each time.
He sent me the link to your blog so I could see the family-ya'll are just precious!!
If you would like to check out my family, please do so at theporteras.blogspot.com.
Thanks so much for keeping me entertained!!
-Tennille
Post a Comment