Two weeks ago Samuel received a negative DNA hyperoxaluria test. We are so trilled!!! The test does not 100% guarentee Samuel does not have the disease, but it is a start in that direction. The test also showed that he should not be vitamin b6 responsive. So doctors are currently not sure why his levels are currently normal. We have taken him off of the b6 to do another 24 hour urine collection to recheck his levels. I am currently just sitting back chillin accepting the miracle that God is doing for my sweet Sam.
I have hesitated to comment on this current situation for 2 weeks now. The main reason is there are no words that I could speak or write that would communicate how in awe I am at God's healing power. I am so grateful, thankful, humbled, etc. at God's goodness to me. As I type, I can honestly say I would not go back and change the path we have gone down the past year and a half with Samuel. God has taught be so much. I have realized how guilty I am of looking to my own human resources instead of tapping into the power of the Almighty. At times I have been so faithless. Our pastor said this past Sunday that "God is not a magic genie. He can change us from the inside out but sometimes that change comes through trials and circumstances". I can sit here today and praise God for my circumstances. Do I like them...... NO. Do I now except them as being part of God refining my character and drawing me closer to Him....YES.
I am currently working through the bible study Discerning the Voice of God by Priscilla Shirer. The biggest thing I have learned this week is how terrible my prayer life is. I pray and leave. I never give God a chance to speak to me. It is such a one sided conversation. Last week for my birthday Kris took the boys and I out to eat at a restaurant on the River. We had beautiful views and a table by the water. After we ordered, Hamilton immediately wanted to know where his food was. Kris told him that one of the best parts about eating out was the fellowship with one another before the meal was served. How true. God really used that example this week to show me how much my prayer life was like Hamilton's attitude about getting his food quickly. Sometime I want to "order" from God and immediately have that order served up to me. I miss that fellowship God want to have with me. The bible tell us in Habakkuk we are to watch and wait with anticipation for God to speak to us. Habakkuk waited on the "watchtower". He removed himself from his ground level circumstances and literally got above them. He took his eyes off his circumstances and watched only for God. Oh that I could be like Habakkuk....leave it with God and go on the watch-tower.
I know the Samuel situation is far from over. There will be more test and appointments and still more conclusions to be drawn. But I do believe God is doing a healing in his little body. And I want to be so quick to give Him all the glory for that. Habakkuk 1:5 has always been a favorite verse of mine....."Look among the nations! Observe! Be astonished! Wonder! Because I am doing something in your days - You would not believe if you were told". So glad that He is my God. And I am waiting on my watch tower to see what my God will do next!
1 comment:
What good news! Rejoicing with you Stac! Give Sam, Sam love from Ms. Christmas!
Post a Comment