Monday, November 9, 2009
NEGATIVE!!!
Samuel's liver biopsy came back Friday and was negative for primary 1 and primary 11 hyperoxaluria. Mayo and Emory doctors are now trying to figure out if he falls into the 3rd category of hyperoxaluria (type 3) which is non 1 and non 11 hyperoxaluria. Type three is having the disease but the cause would not be from wacky liver enzymes. The cause is actually unknown at this point. (which to me is a little scary) So we are very very grateful for the negative on the liver biopsy. At this point, we are ruling things so we can try to figure out the high oxalate, which is the problem. Samuel continues to feel good. Although I want the high oxalate to disappear, I am so thankful that he is super happy and pain free. We will continue to work with Mayo and Emory to figure this thing out. Thank you for your prayers and concern. It was a long month and a half wait.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Praise the Lord for crossing bad things off the list! Still praying for answers- what a sweet boy- I love his Buzz Lightyear costume!
That is wonderful Stacey! I hope you find results soon for what is going on though. Still praying!
Stacey, I was just thinking of Sam today. I am so glad to hear this huge set of news with you. The Lord knew what personality to give sweet Sam Bone! I am so glad. And I rest too knowing that He knows Sam's in's and out's...may He continue to lead you all.
Love you!
That is wonderful news. I just hope they can give you answers that you need really soon-worried mammas are no fun-I know. I will forever be one!! I have been checking in with Kris and will continue to do so. Thanks for the update- Hope you guys have an awesome Christmas!!
Post a Comment