Samuel had his liver biopsy this morning. Thanks for all the family and friends who have called to check on him. The biopsy went well. Three different pieces were taken from his liver and will be flown to Mayo clinic on Monday. Mayo will package it for London and within a few weeks we will know for sure whether his high oxalate levels are coming from a defective liver enzyme. Right now Sam is watching Veggie Tales and is feeling well. We have had some issues with getting blood from him. He just freaks out. He actually just pulled out the last needle when they were trying to get blood. He is ready to have his IV out. I think once we can get that done and are done with needles, he will feel so much better.
I have so much to say about our experience here.....all wonderful. God is so good and even in the mist of a very difficult time proves Himself faithful over and over again. We are so blessed. At a preop appointment yesterday, a little boy just comes and sits in my lap. He was cute as pie and for what ever reason felt comfortable enough with me just to come sit in my lap. He was interested in Samuel (he was playing his gameboy). I asked him his name and how old he was. When he looked up to tell me his name is Nathan and that he was 3 about to be 4, I noticed the whites of his eyes were yellow....bright yellow. Samuel's doctor is a transplant doctor and we are on the transplant wing. Sweet Nathan is waiting on a liver. And if he doesn't get one in a timely manner, he will die. As horrible as our situation is, there is always someone out there with harder circumstances. We take our healthy children for granted. We complain about stupid things that in the grand scheme of life simply don't matter. We go through life only thinking about ourselves and never reaching out or putting others needs before our on. ( so self absorbed) This trip has taught me so much about God's faithfulness and has made me long for Heaven. We live in such a fallen world of sin, sickness, and disease. I have seen that first hand over the past few days. I hate that Samuel has to go through this but I do know that somehow some way God's name will be glorified through our situation.
We are due to be released sometime tomorrow, and we will be so so happy to be home. Samuel said a few minutes ago that he just wanted to be home and get some water. Me too Sam, me too.
5 comments:
Thanks for keeping us posted on your sweet Sam. I couldn't imagine going through any of that with my boys, you are very strong!
You are right about taking for granted our healthy children. I know I definitely do. Seeing what you are going through makes me realize that these things can happen to anyone. I love you and you guys are in my prayers.
I'm so thankful that Sam did well during his biopsy! Praise God that it's over. I will pray that the needles that Sam has to endure in the next few hours will get easier for him and he will have a restful and calm night. My prayers have been with you and your family the past few days and will continue. It's great to be able to hear from you thur this blog. Have a good trip home and give Sam a BIG HUG for me. Love to you all,
KarenK
Oh Stacey- you are so right- we are all so blessed and we know God knows what He is doing. I can't wait for Sam to be home and in his cozy house playing with his toys and sleeping in his bed. Hang in there Mama- you are doing a great job of being a rock for your precious family. LOVE YOU!
Stacy Jean- I am calling you in the morning- please pick up! :) I want to hear about EVERYTHING!
Thanks so much for the update on Sam. I'm glad to hear that things went well and that you all are doing okay.
Post a Comment