The last few weeks have been so hard for me as a mother. The boys and I have been sick with colds. We can now add Daddy to the list. So there has been more whining and general neediness by all of my boys. Growing very frustrated at my lack of patience with them, God decided it was time for a reminder of my biblical duty to them.
As Christian mothers, we are called to walk in the spirit (Ephesians 5 :18-21). This means that the spirit of God should control me and direct my every step. As mothers and believers period, we should be bear the fruits of the spirit which are love, joy , peace, long sufferings, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. These are biblical principles I grew up knowing, but my Heavenly Father knew I needed a gentle reminder of them. I have not been full of joy, peace, and kindness the past few weeks. Little things stressed me. I am so blessed. I have three amazing boys. The responsibility given to me is great. As if that lesson were not enough, God reminded me we are all here on this Earth to serve HIM and others. How can I serve others if I am not even serving those living under the same roof as me? I should be serving my children on a daily basis and sacrificing myself for them with Christlike humility. God never promised me my job as mother would be easy or that my children would be easy. If they came into this world perfect, they would not need Kris, me, or a Heavenly Father. But they are sinners. And God has given them to me (for a short period of time) to raise into God fearing, God honoring, and God loving men. How better can I teach them these qualities than to possess them myself. Thank you Lord for this beautiful lesson.
4 comments:
It's so true Stacey. Christ said what you do for the least of these you do unto Me. Our babies our are first ministry and they are SUCH work! Thanks for the reminder. Hope you are feeling better- Sorry your biggest boy is sick too!
Thanks for the reminder. It is so hard to be sacrificial all the time. But, we are the mommies. I learned a long time ago that motherhood=sacrifice.
Post a Comment