Monday, April 14, 2008

Update Samuel


Two weeks ago Samuel did a 24 hours urine catch so his urine could be studied to see if there was anything visible there that might be the cause of his kidney stone(s). Last week the results came back, and he does have very high levels of calcium and oxalate in his urine. Not what we wanted to hear. This means one of two thing: either his body is making too much of these two substance that his kidneys are unable to process the extra amount or his kidneys are not filtering the normal amount of calcium and oxalate his body makes. I think I would rather his kidneys be working normally and that he is just producing too much. We were referred by our urologist at Children's Hospital to a nephrologist there at the same hospital. Soooo here we go again. Our appointment is next week. We will be checking to make sure he is currently stone free (which I have my doubts) and talking about diet and possible medication that would control these levels. Pray for us and Pray for Samuel. I will keep everyone updated!

3 comments:

--Shelley said...

Goodness Stacey. I am sure it seems unending. I will remember your sweet family.

Donna said...

I'm so sorry Stacey. Hope you have a nice trip to Atlanta. Sweet Samuel is in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Hey girl...
You know Samuel and your whole family are in my prayers daily...
Let me know how things turn out...

love ya,
Susan