Sunday, April 25, 2010

I DID IT!!!!

Me before the race!!!
Me (somewhere) just crossing the finish line.....but check out the weather!!

I successfully ran a 5k Saturday.  We started in the downtown area, ran through campus, around the quad, and back.  Bands were playing funk music, people were holding up signs of encouragement along the route....if was just FUN!!!!  Not only did I run it, but I ran the last 1/2 mile in lightening, thunder, heavy rain, and police officers on the coarse with their megaphones telling runners to take cover.  I was looking at the finish line.  I wasn't about to let the fact that I was about to get struck by lightening stop me from crossing it.  I did really well.  I actually could have continued running and was not about to die crossing the finish line as I thought I would be.  It is also easier to run with a crowd of people running with you.  My back did very well which was surprising since I basicly took the two weeks off before the run to nurse a herniated disc in my lower back.  Anyway, I am already looking forward to the next one in June.

3 comments:

carammccoy said...

Goooo Stacey!!! :0 I had planned on starting running some just before I got pregnant again guess that will have to wait. One day maybe we can run some together :).

Donna said...

You go Stacey! So glad you had a night home alone- that is weird- I don't think I've ever had one of those either! How fun! Very proud of your running- it's so good for you!

--Shelley said...

Well Well Well! That is AWESOME!