Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Update Hamilton


Hamilton is such a first born.....likes to be in charge and telling people what to do.  Before I can punish or correct his brothers, he is doing it for me.  He sees the world in black and white and absolutely NO inbetween (just like his Daddy).  I adore Hamilton though and he is such a big helper to me.  I expect so much more out of him than I should for him to only be 7.  He is just so stinking responsible that it is hard not to set my expectations of him a little higher.  We are about to finish our second year homeschooling.  Hamilton is very smart.  I only have to teach something once and he gets it.  Even if it is something new.  He loves Science and Social Studies.  He HATES anything that has to do with writing.  He is a great writer, he just hates anything that involves using a pencil. 

Hamilton and I are working really hard dealing with sin in his life (and mine for that matter).  He has such anger issues (gets it honestly x's 2).  We are trying to take dicipline a step further and help him deal with sin and turn from evil.  We are studying the book of Proverbs Sunday night in a class Kris and I are teaching at church.  It has been wonderful in teaching him how to walk in wisdom and characteristics of the wise.  Wise men not only turn from sin but HATE sin.  They also accept discipline as discipline drives out folly.  Hamilton will accept forgiveness but he also wants specifics on how to rid himself of sin.  Unfortunately that is a battle we have to fight everyday.  He hates that and I do too.  But I praise God that He saved Hamilton at an early age and that Hamilton is sensitive to the Holy Spirit.  That kid may just be president one day.  His name would fit that well.

No comments: