What was I thinking trying to paint, redecorate, rearrange, and switch rooms all at one time? I hardly know where to start. I hate being in the middle of a project, so I work my behind off trying to complete it as quickly as possible, which in turn makes me stressed and no fun to be around. I am also trying to do ALOT on a small budget without sacrificing exactly what I want which is not easy. A friend of mine who is a painter/designer came over today and helped me with paint color and arranagement ideas. Here are my plans for Hamilton's new room.
New Quilt....Maps with Fish in Ocean
We choose timeber wolf by Benjamin Moore for his walls. It is a gray blue. I distressed an old desk and chair here at the house in a navy. We have a large sailboat print for over his bed and an antique fishing pole to hand on the wall. I like this tackle shadow box and will probably be adding to our room.
We are going for an older boys look of the sea with some antique fishing accessories. I am exhaused but will continue my insane redecorating journey tomorrow.....painting walls.
2 comments:
Fun fun! Please keep posting- I LOVE watching people redecorate and getting inspired. I love this theme- I remember Sam's nursery had ships and was so peaceful. Can't wait to see the color- and as for the color of our playroom- I have no idea- the entire house is painted that color and they didn't leave any paint cans behind for touch up. :)
how you are doing all that on a budget is beyond me. I started selling things on craigs list and have made $55 so far. i am dying to get into our storage room and start selling tons before we move. we are building a house. not a big one. gotta get rid of lots of stuff.
Post a Comment