Tried to get a picture of the boys and Santa.......Samuel was literally passing kidney stone. Santa was trying to make my mother Mrs. Claus.... so somehow we all ended up in the picture!
Jack pot under the tree!
My boys!!!!!
Boys love their Daddy.
Samuel cooking with mommy!!!!

The count down is on. My boys are beyond excited. As of yesterday, my shopping is finally finished. We have had such a fun December.....church programs, visiting with friends, shopping for the boys, baking and the list could go on. With all the craziness the holidays can bring, I have tried to be so careful to remind the boys on a daily basis why we celebrate Christmas. After visiting a dear friend of mine last week, I was given the perfect plan. When I entered her beautifully decorated home, I noticed there were no presents under the tree only a beautiful manger scene. I thought odd, since Christmas was only a week and a half away. She began to explain that since Jesus is God's gift to us on Christmas, that their family puts the nativity under the tree instead of presents. Presents will be there, only to the side and not the focus of the tree. They will put baby Jesus in the manger on Christmas morning. What a beautiful way to teach your children the true meaning of Christmas......a huge celebration of Christ birth. So the day after Christmas, I will be shopping for my nativity. I am already excited about having it under the tree next year.
Merry Christmas to all of our dear friends and family. May God bless you all throughout this holiday season.
The count down is on. My boys are beyond excited. As of yesterday, my shopping is finally finished. We have had such a fun December.....church programs, visiting with friends, shopping for the boys, baking and the list could go on. With all the craziness the holidays can bring, I have tried to be so careful to remind the boys on a daily basis why we celebrate Christmas. After visiting a dear friend of mine last week, I was given the perfect plan. When I entered her beautifully decorated home, I noticed there were no presents under the tree only a beautiful manger scene. I thought odd, since Christmas was only a week and a half away. She began to explain that since Jesus is God's gift to us on Christmas, that their family puts the nativity under the tree instead of presents. Presents will be there, only to the side and not the focus of the tree. They will put baby Jesus in the manger on Christmas morning. What a beautiful way to teach your children the true meaning of Christmas......a huge celebration of Christ birth. So the day after Christmas, I will be shopping for my nativity. I am already excited about having it under the tree next year.
Merry Christmas to all of our dear friends and family. May God bless you all throughout this holiday season.
2 comments:
Oh you have such a precious family, I enjoy the updates on your family. I hope you all have a Merry Christmas!
Love,
Cara
Cutie pies. I too will put the manger under the tree. Love the idea. Tell your friend thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment