Monday, August 23, 2010

Back To School

Happy first day of school.  I love homeschooling.  We had a fantastic day.  I love routine and schedule and the boys thrive on it.  I had to change things a little for this school year.  I added Sam full time this year.  And I went ahead and planned for Jack too.  He just wants to do what his brothers do.  We had a fun day planned.  I am trying to get away from typical school paper / pencil activities.  There is a time and place for that,  but the reason I homeschool is to make it fun and adapt it for each child.  Sam had an awesome day.  He has matured so much just since May.  He hung with us all morning and even came back for Science this afternoon.  We are using Apologia Science and are studying Flying Creatures.  We had this nest in a tree in our yard since Spring.  It fell to a low branch on the tree it was in durning a storm.  The mama bird sat on our house when it happened and chirped and chirped.....not a happy mama.  Anyway, today we collected the nest and there was an egg in it.  The boys were so excited.  Homeschooling at it's best.  Happy Day to all.  I love my boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

--Shelley said...

so sweet. i will be checking in for ideas!