Friday, August 27, 2010

Mama Time ????? / Torture Time ????

Ok...so I get a babysitter (which I NEVER) and leave the boys to run to the grocery for a quick trip and to get a manicure and pedicure (which I NEVER do).  Seriously, the last time I had my nails done by anyone but myself was right before Jack was born.  So I wanted to treat myself.  So, I get there and the Japanese man, or Chinese, or Vietnamese or whatever, runs the water for my feet.  I put my foot in and basically received third degree burns the water was so hot.  So I ask "cold water PLEASE".  So then my feet soak, and he cuts on "the chair".  Oh my gosh, this thing is insane.....punching my back, squeezing my hips, pushing me out of the chair, I felt like I was at war.  So finally I am like "dude please cut this thing off,  or I  am going to come out with injuries".  So then I was like ok......let's relax.  So he goes to do my toe cuticles.  But before he starts on mine, he starts picking at his nails with the cuticle thing.  Seriously???  If they were sterilized before, they aren't now.  So he begins to push down my cuticle which hurts so bad it makes me want to claw my eye balls out.  Next, time to exfoliate the legs.  Seriously, it felt like he was rubbing the heads of needles into my legs.  I was almost in tears.  Then onto exfoliate my feet, besides the fact that it tickled, my feet were jumping because they were so sensitive I literally kicked the due in the face.  "oh, my bad sorry".  I am sitting there thinking ok the worst is over.  All he has to do is paint my toe nails and I am out of here.....WRONG.....time for the leg massage.  His fist ball up.  I am thinking oh crap, I am in for it.  He starts beating my legs, pulling on my toes, and twisting my ankles in directions they are NOT meant to be twisted.  Ya'll I feel like I am in a torture chamber, but the sad thing is I AM PAYING FOR IT.  So, finally he paints my toes and I run / limp to the car.  Safe at last.  I think being tied up by my boys is more relaxing than pedicures these days.  Hopefully it will be another four years before I have to endure that again.

3 comments:

carammccoy said...

Oh my! Sorry you had such a bad experience. I don't go often, but I soooo enjoy it :).

--Shelley said...

i have been there and done that too my sista! it is quite an experience. i must say i think it depends on the place you go to. i hope your toes look good!

Donna said...

Good grief! I've had people do that to me before- it's awful! Listen- you need to just go in for a "polish change" it's 8 dollars, but they will still cut, file, cuticle and polish your nails and it will look much better than when you do it and last longer. That's what I do- I've given up on leg beatings!