Friday, August 13, 2010

I Love Him Bunches


I love this man.  He is so good to me.  We were watching a show on tv last night.  It was one of these raising six kids deal.  But the husband and the wife were trying to figure out who was doing more and were fighting over trying to figure out whether they were both giving 50%.  They even went to counceling over this.  Kris looked at me and said instead of trying to figure out who is doing what, why don't they both concentrate on serving each other and giving 100% doing that.  Kris truly works hard to serve me, and it has never been a question whether or not we were both giving and doing. 

I have been reading The Excellent Wife by Martha Peace and it has really revolutionized my way of thinking about my husband.  I am here to serve him and be his helpmate.  And I am to do that no matter how I feel or what mood I am in.  Now trust me I fail often.  But I do believe God is honoring my efforts to be a Godly servant to my husband.  He is multiplying my love for him daily.  We are more like minded than ever before.  Things that are important to him are now important to me and vis versa.  Bottom line is I am so thankful for his unconditional love,  his ability to treat me tenderly, his protection, his leadership, his insane love for our boys, his abiltiy to provide for our family, his support in my ministry endeavors, his forgiveness, and his love for our Heavenly Father.  I am truly blessed to be his wife.

2 comments:

--Shelley said...

that is sweet stacey. i feel the same way. chip is way involved. it is such a blessing. i read that book years ago. i think i could dust it off and refresh a bit. thanks for the encouragement as usual.

Donna said...

Precious. You are very blessed- so glad God has give you this renewed spirit of service- I have the Excellent Wife too- maybe I'll get mine of the shelf. :) We'll have a bookclub! :)