Kris and I have received tons of e-mails and phone calls from family and friends checking on Sam. We appreciate your encouragement through thoughts and prayers. We were suppose to have surgury on the 29th to remove the stone. As you all know, Kris and I were not happy about the two week wait. With the help of our pediatricain, we were able to have it moved to last night. It is a good thing we did. When our urologist went in last night, he found a very large stone (9mm) basicly completely blocking urine flow from the right kidney. Because the urine had nowhere to go, it sat in the kidney and infection set in. The urologist completely drained the kidney, but because of its condition and the fact that the stone was so large, he was unable to attempt the procedure to remove the stone. He did put a stent in to dilate the uteter and allow urine to flow more freely.
At first we were really upset the stone was still in, but after we realize how bad things looked in his right kidney, we know it was the best approach.
Quick Update from Stacey's Mom: Stacey has finally agreed to rest if I agree to finish her blog. The next attempt to laser the stone is Wed., Nov 28. Children's Hospital will call with a time. Meanwhile, Sam is home! He is taking a broad spectrum antibiotic and pain meds. Hopefully, he will be comfortable during the wait. Please continue your prayers and encouragement. I rest in knowing we have God's full presence and provision. Blessings to each of you as we enter this season of Thanksgiving.
4 comments:
Such good news! Praise the Lord!
I'm SO GLAD they went ahead and did this surgery! I hate that the stone is still there- but surely he will feel TONS better having the stint and his kidney drained. We are going to Mobile for Thanksgiving and will be back Saturday or Sunday. I want to bring you guys a meal early next week. Don't worry I will just drop it off. Love you guys, Donna
I am so sorry to hear what is going on with baby Sam. I feel for you and the family for I know what it is like to see your child go through so much pain and there is nothing you can do for them.
Hang in there and stay strong. Once they get that stone he will be his old self again. I will keep all of you in my prayers and I will call you tonight. I pray that you will find some comfort over the holidays. God is good and he will give you the strength you need to get through this .
Love to all,
Wanda
Post a Comment